Saturday, 3 August 2013

Update: Internship & Imprisonment

July has flown by and so has my vacation. On August 1, I started my internship, which will end at the end of September. This is my sixth internship already throughout my entire school career and probably the last one. 

Because my internship takes place 2 hours from where I live, I needed to look for a place to stay during August and September. I was lucky to find a little room nearby. No furniture included unfortunately ... but the previous owner was very friendly and left his bed there for me to use. So now I have room with a wash basin, a bed and beyond ... nothingness.

This is how my room looks like for the next two months. It feels like I am a prisoner. All alone in a big building in my small bare room.



Because I knew there wouldn't be any furniture, I brought my own little table and chair. Not that luxurious, but a little cute. Isn't it?



And of course, because of the heat wave that's going on, my mum provided me of a small amount of water, haha.



Anyway, the first day, I had to find the lab where my internship takes place. A 45 minute walk, with my own hand made map ... and I haven't got lost! Woohoo, victory!



I don't like the first days of internship, because you don't know anything yet and you constantly need to ask everything. Sometimes I get the feeling that the people that work there get annoyed by you, but that might be something I imagine. But it seems that this time, everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Since I forgot to bring my own internet cable, I was two days without internet. So boredom ubiquitous on my own, in my little room, like imprisonment. No blogposts to read, no facebook to check, no living soul in the area ... only white walls and heat.

Anyway, my first 2 days of internship have passed, lets hope next week will bring more kindness, internet and living souls!

I hope you've had a nice week!


Love,
Sofie

5 comments:

  1. I hope it all goes well Sofie!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Lucy! I hope so too. I always tend to freak out the first days of a new unknown situation, haha!
      Thanks a lot for your support!

      Delete
  2. I look forward to reading your updates as to how it all goes! What type of internship is it? Hope it goes well :)! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Lauren, I will try to keep you updated now and then!
      The main subject of my internship is a taste research in apples, including laboratory analysis and tests with a tasting panel. And in the end a statistical analysis of all obtained results.
      Thank you so much for your interest, it means a lot! x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comment on my DIY post Sofie!:)
    Wow really admire how many internships you've bagged yourself in your school life! Look forward to your updates about this one, sounds really interesting! and your map is so cute! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!