Thursday, 5 September 2013

Gingerbread burger!



The recipe I will share with you today, was originally intended as an experiment. I had some wandering ideas in my mind, which I converted last week in practice. I was very pleasantly surprised by the result and could not help but make it again this week! So de-li-cious ... and super easy!
And oh, I discovered a microwave here in the student house!

What you need:



Steps 1 to 9:



1. Apply the hummus on the sandwiches (both sides).
2. Garnish with lettuce ...
3. ... tomato slices ...
4. ... apple slices ...
5. ... cheese ...
6. ... gingerbread.
7. Close the burger.
8. Hmmmm, look at all those layers ...
9. Put it in the microwave (or oven) for about 3 minutes (400 Watt) to allow the cheese to melt.


Step 10:
While your burger is in the microwave, make a fresh salad of leftover tomato, lettuce and apple.



And that's all!



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
VARIATIONS
Instead of toast bread you can use a hamburger sandwich or any other soft roll. I think it would make it just a bit easier to eat.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It smells good, it tastes heavenly and it's super easy and quickly made! The apple gives it some texture, the hummus makes it all a little creamy and the gingerbread provides it the most amazing flavour (I now want to put it in every meal, oh well). I'm actually very, very pleased with the result!


Love,
Sofie

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really interesting combination of flavours!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made me so hungry!! I love hummus, it goes with everything! Also, just because it's nearing the end of summer (boooo) it doesn't mean we can't eat veggies!! xx Also I did Food Tech at GCSE and think your photography is great!!

    Much Love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well thank you very much! Hummus is so gooooood :) Thanks! x

      Delete
  3. Ooo this just looks so delicious!!! I want to try this!
    Aims
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Let me know if you do! Thanks x

      Delete
  4. This looks delicious, I need some new recipes as i'm starting uni and this is one to try! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!