Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Heavenly vegetarian cheesy tofu wrap!



This is probably my favourite dinner creation so far. Yes, I'm very proud of this one :) The combination of goat cheese and smoked tofu completely exceeded my expectations! I'm actually not the biggest fan of soft creamy goat cheese, but I thought I should give it yet another chance...

Tofu is made of soy beans and therefore a good substitute for meat. The taste of ordinary natural tofu is rather bland (but not bad though!). For that reason I opted for smoked (organic) tofu, just to bring in some more flavour.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ingredients:

Baby leaf spinach
Courgette
Semi sundried tomatoes
Goat cheese
Smoked tofu
Coconut oil or olive oil
Salt and pepper
Wraps
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Step 1:
Rinse the spinach well in cold water to get rid of all the dirt and spin it dry in a salad spinner. In a large pot, heat some oil (coconut or olive) and add all the spinach witch some salt and pepper. Cook it for a few minutes until all the spinach is wilted. Try to get as much water as possible from the spinach by pushing with a spoon. Pour all the water away because this will make your dish too wet.

Step 2:
Take a pan and fry the tofu. When the tofu is done, put it aside on a plate.



Step 3:
Then in the same pan, fry the courgette. Season to taste with salt and pepper, add the semi sundried tomatoes and as much goat cheese as you like. Let it all heat through for a moment until the cheese is almost completely melted. Add the drained spinach.



Step 4:
Then also add the tofu and let it all heat through for a few more minutes. Mmmm, look at those colours...



Step 5:
Fill up your wrap! And attack!



Oh please ... do try this at home!

What do you like in your wrap? Have you ever tried smoked tofu?


Love,
Sofie

17 comments:

  1. OH SOFIE you have made me so hungry! This looks delicious, I can almost taste it from here which is weird, because I've never tried tofu! what's the texture like??!

    I'm seriously so hungry now I'm thinking about dinner no 2...uh oh...

    Flora
    www.twowithseven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The texture of tofu is NOT the same as meat. I think it is more like hard-boiled eggs or scrambled eggs - but not as rubbery - or like medium-hard cheese - but not as sticky and solid. I find tofu also quite juicy. You should definitely try it sometime.
      Thank you, Flora! x

      Delete
  2. Glad to see that you are coming around to goats cheese - I'd live off the stuff if I could!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Never tried zucchini in a wrap and I've never had smoked tofu either. Sounds like the smokiness would make it an even more "realistic" meat substitute, especially in a dish like this. Thank you for sharing

    atelier zozo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this does sound good! I use to be a vegetarian, have you ever used Nate's meatless meatballs? Sooo could you could fool people with them.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC

    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum that looks so good! Thanks for the recipe!

    The Koalafornian x

    ReplyDelete
  6. loveloveLOVE smoked tofu!! what a great recipe

    xoxo hobovogue.com . ღ

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm I never knew they did smoked tofu. I love courgettes and lots of salt and pepper!
    I will be trying this!!
    Much Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. O M G this is really yum :-D

    xoxo

    Piera Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant blog, great posts and beautiful proprietress! What to want more ...
    I'd love to follow you (bloglovin + GFC) and welcome to visit my
    blog about fashion - KatherineUnique.blogspot.com.


    Regards,
    Katherine Unique


    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaahhh, looks delicious! Thanks for this recipe! I have to try it! :)
    Would you like to follow each other on gfc? Please, let me know! ;)
    xoxo
    http://www.elationofcreation.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad i came across this! Bookmarking it, mmm looks so good. thanks girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks delicious! I hadn't realised they did different kinds of tofu, although I don't know why. I haven't really tried much because as you said, the taste is a little bland, but I can see it tasting nice in this!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks delicious, wraps are one of my favourites meals - I even had one today! ;) Rachel x

    www.pillarbox-post.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!