Tuesday, 10 December 2013

The Oatmeal series: Baked oatmeal & figs!



I told you in my last Cheerful Sunday post that I had made THE BEST BREAKFAST EVER last week! So ... here it is! I proudly present: Baked oatmeal with pear and figs!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ingredients:
(serves one, maybe two - but I was very hungry)

50 g oats
200 ml almond milk
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of chia seeds
a handful of raisins
a handful of pecans
2 fresh figs
1 ripe pear
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Mix the oats with cinnamon, chia seeds and almond milk in a large bowl. Cut the pear in cubes and the figs in slices. Add all ingredients to the oats, but save some pecans and figs for the topping (yum, roasted pecans!). Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish and garnish with remaining figs and nuts. Pop into the oven and bake your oatmeal for about 25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.



Oh my goodness, that smell! It was hard to wait 25 minutes for this heavenly breakfast. I had never eaten fresh figs before, but now I'm definitely sold!

All credits for this amazing recipe go to Lieke from 'Train mean, eat clean'. I slightly adapted the recipe, but the whole idea comes from her. Lieke's blog is truly amazing and full of inspiration, and she's only 14!



Yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...

Have you ever tried baked oatmeal? Do you like fresh figs?


Love,
Sofie

10 comments:

  1. Wow, so tasty mmmm
    I am very lazy for cooking but will try, looks fantastic
    Thanks for this post and have a nice day doll!

    http://alissagromova.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, yum yum yum x I love almond milk and cinnamon, but I've never had them together x I haven't yet tried fresh figs! I didn't really know how to approach them, not like saying hi, but like cooking them (haha) but this looks amazing x My favourite nut (double ahaha) is the pecan so I'll definitely give this a go
    Much Love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried baked oatmeal or figs but this look so tasty! And it's a "clean eating" recipe? I'm going to have to try this outfor sure... if I can get my game face on enough to actually try a fig haha.

    Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow aren't you a little cooking genius!

    right-up-my-street.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so delicious! Can you please cook for me?! hehe!

    xoxo
    berrybloomxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks gorgeous! I doubt it would look as tasty if I cooked it though! ha
    xxxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. As usual phenomenal post! You are a champion!
    I can see that you love what you are doing!
    Thanks for posting! I love you :-*

    Let’s Swap Postcards!


    Regards,
    Katherine Unique


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!