Monday, 27 January 2014

Cleansing smoothie: White celery & mango



A new week, a new smoothie!

Celery has a lot of health benefits. Its juice is highly nutritious, very hydrating and has excellent cleansing properties. So I guess we can describe this smoothie as a good inner cleanser :)



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ingredients:
(5 glasses)

8 stalks white celery
1 mango
400 ml natural rice drink

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Peel the mango and clean the celery. Cut everything into pieces and put all together in a blender. Blend blend blend. Done!



To dilute this smoothie I used a natural rice drink or rice milk as it may be called. It has a naturally sweet taste which is due to the natural sugars in the rice.

I topped this smoothie with chia seeds and hemp seed. Two powerful superfoods!



Not as colourful as last week's smoothie, but my mum was very enthousiastic about this one :) The flavour of the celery is quite prevalent what gives this smoothie a refreshing touch. Mmmm ...

What do you think? Have you ever tried rice drink?


Love,

8 comments:

  1. mm this looks delicious! Wish I wasn't allergic to mangoes! haha :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, this doesn't look that appetizing, but i'm sure it tastes delicious!

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not something I would go for, but I love the colour so I would probably taste it and love it!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm this looks good! This post is so great because I have been making a lot of smoothies lately, so I've been looking for some new recipes!
    Nice blog! (:

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks yummy !! i love mangoes :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a big fan of mangoes but since you said that it tastes good, I might actually try it.
    Great blog btw! :D
    -Ru
    Glitter And Blush

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!