Monday, 10 February 2014

Bittersweet smoothie: Lemon, banana & orange



A new week, a new smoothie!

For this week's smoothie I was thinking on adding something less obvious. I quite like a bitter taste and so I thought, why not try a lemon? My mum's reaction: "Eeeeeeek!" But that's okay, this means more smoothie for me, hehe.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ingredients:
(2 glasses)

1 banana
1 lemon
1 orange

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Peel the banana, orange and lemon (I didn't only use the juice - that rhymes). Put all together in a blender. Blend blend blend. Done!



Like I said, due to the lemon, this smoothie has a slightly bitter taste. Not overwhelming, but it's present. The banana compensates for this bitter taste and adds a little sweetness in there as well. So no worries :)



I've topped my smoothie with some homemade granola (my big jar is almost empty, sniff). And if you're a real daredevil, you can also sprinkle some lemon zest over it!

What do you think: is lemon a go-go are a no-go?


Love,
Sofie

19 comments:

  1. This looks delicious.

    What didd you put on top? It really looks nice.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some lemon zest and granola (see here: Homemade granola with dried figs)
      Thank you very much for stopping by! x

      Delete
  2. Yum this sounds delicious! I've never heard of using a lemon in a smoothie before!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds scrumptious! I'm so boring when it comes to smoothies (peanut butter/banana/chocolate almond milk/ice is pretty much my go to). I really want to start incorporating more fruits and veggies so I may have to stalk your recipes from now on! :)

    -Lindsay xx

    http://www.lindsaychurch.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mhhh, this looks really nice, and i'm sure it tastes great also!

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum yum, this looks damn good!!

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds and looks so delicious!
    x
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. such gorgeous photographs - i just want to reach in and drink all of them (i probably should too, since i'm sitting here sipping sunkist soda pop...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I wish you could come over and make one of these for me! I bet this would zap my cold in a hurry! Yum!

    XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh! I love how you added the granola on top! I would be scared to try lemon, but I like adding banana to work with it!

    xo,
    Vanessa
    Enter our blog design giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love these flavours, too! So delicious and refreshing! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds so good! I started a smoothie journal I keep in my kitchen just so I can remember all the ones I have tried/ made up! Will have to add to this list! :)
    xo Hannah

    http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    http://thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love lemon! So I will definitely give this smoothies a try, thanks for the share :)

    xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Motivation

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this sounds delicious! I need to try it sometime! xx

    wildflowerofprague.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  14. it looks delicious !! yummy :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that picture with the granola looks great! I have also never heard of using a lemon in a smoothie, but it makes me want to try it - I like sour things!

    Allison Katelyn @ http://SimpleSilverLinings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!