Friday, 14 February 2014

Easy winter oven dish ~ Feta & roasted fennel



Maybe you've seen this dish appear on my Twitter last week (yes, I'm really getting into the tweeting-thing, ha!). It is super easy to make! You just pop everything into the oven - don't forget to stir every now and then - and that's about it. Even my mum can do that (sorry mum!).



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ingredients:
(3 servings)

2 sweet potatoes
1 broccoli
1 fennel
200 g feta cheese
Salt and pepper
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Step 1:
Preheat the oven to 200°.

Good to know:
- Sweet potatoes need 40 minutes at 200°
- Fennel needs 30 minutes at 200°
- Broccoli needs 20 minutes at 200°

Step 2:
Peel the sweet potatoes first and cut them into chunks. Put some coconut (or olive) oil in a large ovenproof dish and add the sweet potato chunks. Drizzle some oil on top and give it a stir. Season with salt and pepper and pop into the oven.

Step 3:
Clean and cut the fennel into chunks.
When the sweet potato has roasted for about 10 minutes, add the fennel and give it a stir.

Step 4:
Clean and cut the broccoli.
Again, after 10 minutes, add the broccoli pieces to the sweet potato and fennel. Add some coconut oil, salt and pepper if needed and give it a stir. Let this all together roast for another 20 minutes until tender.
Don't forget to stir every now and then while roasting (or your broccoli will be black instead of green - and that doesn't look very nice, does it).

Step 5:
When your veggies are roasted and ready, take them out of the oven. Add the feta cheese, mix well and serve right away (after taking a picture first ... deh!)



Pretty easy, don't you think?! And it's very delicious as well. I know that feta cheese - or any kind of cheese really - is always a winner at home. Especially me and my mum are die hard fans :)

Lately, I've been really into roasting my vegetables. It's so simple and it retains the flavour much better. Win-win!

What do you think? Do you like roasted vegetables too?


Love,
Sofie

11 comments:

  1. Great recipe, this food looks delicious :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. delicious and healthy !! trying this for sure :) Happy Valentine's day doll ! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE dishes with lots of vegetables. This looks amazing!
    xo, Sarah

    xosarahholt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I love fennel but it doesn't manage to make it into many of my meals. Will definitely be trying this :)
    Kim x
    grace & flower

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this looks fab! Id definitely need some meat with it thiugh! It would make a great side dish!

    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, I followed you on Twitter! I totally thought I was already following you but that's all fixed now!

    This looks so yummy, and I'm a firm believer that with a bit of cheese, any meal has the potential to be totally delicious. Thanks for sharing, dear!

    I'm so glad I found your blog! If you'd like to follow each other, I'd be happy to keep in touch! Just let me know on my blog :)

    xo
    Dolce
    www.mydailysweet.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, this sounds so good! I love fennel!

    XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm hungry just from looking at it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey sweety,
    Your blog is nice :)
    would you like to follow each other on GFC ?
    Let me know so I can follow you back :)

    Fashionistaneversleep.blogspot.com

    Kisses from France

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!