Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Bloody good smoothie: Beetroot & raspberries



Last week, I didn't have time to make a smoothie ... or errm, basically I just forgot to buy fruits and vegetables to make one (you ALWAYS have time to make a smoothie, that's no excuse). But this week, I'm happy to share a new smoothie with you ☺ 



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ingredients:
(5 glasses)

2 beetroots
4 hands of frozen raspberries
500 ml rice drink

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Clean the beetroots. Cut them into pieces. Put all ingredients together in a blender. Blend blend blend. Done!



Besides giving everything (including kitchen cupboards) a beautiful pink colour, beetroots are very healthy as well. They detoxify the liver and purify the blood.



I decorated my smoothie with some homemade granola of which you may expect the recipe one of these days.

Oh, and after cutting the beetroot, my hand looked like this:



I actually thought this smoothie would taste a little sweeter than it did. But the taste was pretty good after all!

Have you ever tried beetroot in your smoothies?


Love,
Sofie

5 comments:

  1. This sounds super delicious, I loooooove raspberries :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beetroot is lovely and sweet and mellow to bake with but I haven't tried it in a smoothie yet - great recommendation :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just by looking at this smoothie I can already tell it's gonna be delicious! I have to try it soon.

    http://colour-illuminates.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't think i've ever actually had beet root -- ever. but it looks really good.. i'm going to google it and then make something... a smoothie? a salad? we shall see :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this one looks fantastic! I've never tried beetroot in smoothies before. Will defiantly keep this in mind next time I go to fill up the stock of fruit and vegetables :) xx

    lifeofannas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!