Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Fresh smoothie: Cucumber & apple



Since Sunday was quite a warm day, I wanted to make a fresh-tasting smoothie. So the first ingredient on my mind was cucumber. I wanted to add some fresh mint too, but we didn't have that, sob.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ingredients:
(4 glasses)

1 cucumber
1 green apple
1 tsp ground fennel seeds
200 ml water

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Clean the apple and cucumber, but don't remove the skin. Cut them both into pieces. Put all ingredients together in a blender. Blend blend blend. Done!



Add some ground fennel seeds on top of your smoothie to boost the flavour because cucumber can have quite a bland taste. I think that crushed ice instead of water would do great on a hot summer day!



This smoothie doesn't have that expected typical sweet taste. But I don't think that is necessary. You could see this as a healthy refreshing summer drink :)

Have you ever used cucumber in a smoothie?


Love,
Sofie 

9 comments:

  1. Great recipe, cucumber is something I hate to eat so I often use it in or juice or smoothies instead!
    Jen@www.healthyglobetrotting.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenna! My dad doesn't like eating cucumber either, but he drank this smoothie :)

      Delete
  2. Another amazing recipe - I love making new smoothies and cucumber is such a wonderful hydrating ingredient :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlotte! Yes, I love cucumber, it's so refreshing. I always associate it with summer. x

      Delete
  3. I'm loving all of your smoothie, health kick recipes recently! I should really invest in a blender and go on a massive detox, I've been stress eating on too much sugary snacks recently! Your smoothies just look amazing and seems like you've had a lovely week, yoga seems really interesting! Hope you're well love, Alex xx

    http://allurescent.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waw, thank you very much, Alex, for this huge compliment! I hope you're having a lovely week! x

      Delete
  4. looks delish! now i have a craving to go make a smoothie. I think the only green thing i have right now is spinach. yum yum yum
    Wear It Better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Andrea!
      Mmm, spinach in smoothies tastes great too! x

      Delete
  5. Your smoothies always look so delicious and your photography is beautiful! This one sounds so refreshing, I need to invest in a smoothie maker :)

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!