Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Simple marinated tofu salad with peanut sauce



Because I'm in my Easter holidays, my dad asked me if I could make dinner sometime this week. Normally, my dad is the cook in the house, but he is always very happy when someone takes over every once in a while.

So yesterday, I made this simple lukewarm salad with marinated tofu, pre-cooked wheat and peanut sauce.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ingredients:
(4 servings)

For the salad:
A bowl of lambs lettuce (corn salad, field salad, whatever you may call it)
1 red bell pepper (paprika)
2 tomatoes
1 small parsnip
1 avocado
160 g pre-cooked wheat
360 g marinated tofu strips

For the peanut sauce:
2 tsp of peanut butter
1 tsp of hot water
2 tsp of maple syrup
2 tsp of walnut or sesame oil
1 tsp of soy sauce
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Step 1:
Bring water to boil in a sauce pan. Add the pre-cooked wheat and some salt and cook until ready.

Step 2:
Prepare the peanut sauce. Mix all ingredients for the sauce together until smooth. Put it aside.

Step 3:
Clean the lettuce, bell pepper, tomatoes and parsnip. Cut the bell pepper and tomatoes into very small cubes.

Step 4:
Fry the marinated tofu strips until they are heated.

Step 5:
When the wheat grains are cooked, drain off and stir the peanut sauce through.

Step 6:
Arrange the plates and garnish with grated parsnip and avocado.
Both parsnip and avocado turn brown very quickly when exposed to air. So you may want to wait until the very end with cutting them.



This was the first time I've tried to make a peanut sauce. I really love peanut butter, and now I've finally found a way to incorporate my favourite ingredient into a hot meal. Yaay!

Have you ever made a peanut sauce? Do you like it?


Love,
Sofie

5 comments:

  1. This looks so good, I really should eat more salad haha! Your recipes always look so yummy :)

    I've nominted you for the Inspiring Blogger award, check it out here:

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks fresh and healthy and just brings the word 'goodness' to mind. your dad is lucky to have you cooking for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it look really healthy :) and yummy !! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious! I'll have to try a variation with quinoa or something since I can't eat wheat.

    XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!