Sunday, 9 November 2014

Uplifting and revitalizing smoothie



These past few weeks I've been experimenting more with adding seeds and fresh herbs to my smoothies. Just to give them that little extra flavour and provide you with more energy. In addition, fresh ginger is probably my new favourite ingredient. I've been adding it to all my smoothies lately. Its specific and warming flavour instantly wakes you up.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ingredients:
(6 glasses)

1 pineapple
1 cup of frozen strawberries
1 cup of (frozen) spinach
1 inch of fresh ginger root
1 tbsp of chia seeds
1 tbsp of flax seeds
1-2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
Almond milk (unsweetened) or water

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Clean the pineapple, grate the ginger and put all ingredients in a blender. Add almond milk or water. Blend blend blend. Done!



A good tip I got from a friend for when you're not in possession of a good blender is to put all your ingredients in a large bowl. With a simple hand blender you can mix all your ingredients into a smoothie. Super easy and probably less washing afterwards ☺



Smoothies like this can instantly cheer me up. It sounds quite silly, but they really make my day ☺

Do you like adding seeds or fresh herbs to your smoothies?


Love,
Sofie
Previous smoothie: Pastel green smoothie: Cucumber, pear & banana

3 comments:

  1. I've been loving smoothies so much recently, they just instantly make you feel so good and so healthy! I'm not a big fan of pumpkin seeds, but I love sunflower seeds, adding seeds to a smoothie is a really good idea! Oh how I've missed your smoothie recipes ;)
    Rachel x

    I then went on a flippin' wild goose chase with my dad, which I've got to say was pretty poorly acted on him part (sorry dad!), taking me to the shop, for fuel and to where he is currently working, taking it all very s l o w l y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm…! This smoothie looks like it is perfect for fall - I'm extra impressed by the pumpkin and chia seeds. I have tried adding flax seeds to my smoothies before, but I've found it makes them rather chunky… I think I may be adding too much! ;) In any case, this smoothie looks scrumptious!

    Allison Katelyn @ http://SimpleSilverLinings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually like a little crunch in my smoothies :) In fact, I mostly 'eat' my smoothies with a spoon instead of drinking them (because I prefer them being quite thick).
      Pumpkin is probably my most favourite vegetable (besides tomatoes and sweet potato). They are so perfect for fall and winter and so versatile to cook with.
      It's nice hearing from you again, Allison. Hope you are well!

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comment!